THE ASSOCIATION`S OBJECTIVES|
- To promote, improve, support and protect the interest and status of the veterinary profession, and maintain the dignity of an honourable profession.
- To give to the legislature and others, facilities for ascertaining the views of persons engaged in the said profession, as regards matters directly or indirectly affecting such profession.
- To originate and promote improvements in the laws affecting the said profession, and to support or oppose alteraČtions therein, and to effect improvements in administration, and for the purpose aforesaid to petition Parliament, and take such other steps and proceedings as may deemed expedient.
- To afford advice and diffuse information on all matters affecting the said profession, and arrange for the printing, publishing, issuing, circulation of and to give access to such papers, periodicals, books, circulars and other literary undertakings, as may seem conducive to the attainment of any of the objects of the Association.
- To improve and elevate the technical and general knowledge of persons engaged in the said profession, or serving in any employment in connection therewith, and to promote just and honourable practice in the conduct of the profession, and to suppress malpractice.
- To consider and discuss all questions affecting the said profession and to procure the delivery of lectures on subČjects of interest to persons engaged in such profession.
- To establish, form and maintain, a library and a collection of articles of interest in connection with the said profession.
- To provide financial assistance to such members of the Association, or to such members of the profession who are not members of the Association, or to their dependants, or to veterinary students, as the Association may think fit.